First of all, what is a meme? Here is what “The Daily Meme” says: “In the context of web logs / ‘blogs / blogging and other kinds of personal web sites it’s some kind of list of questions that you saw somewhere else and you decided to answer the questions. Then someone else sees them and does them and so on and so on…Eventually some people decided they were going to creating weekly questionnaires (memes) and post them every week. Some are monthly, a few are daily and some are always there. Some suggest that you get five other people to do the same meme and they have to get five people (and so on), which sometimes increases their propagation.” Gosh – this website makes it seem almost complex – maybe I shouldn’t have gone there…
Anyway, the other day I saw on Kevn Hodgson’s blog his Summer Goals meme, and liked it so much I decided to do my own here. I hope if others read mine, you will either post your own, on your blog or post it as a comment here. Either way, if you do make one, I’d love to read yours as well. Having said ALL THAT:
My Summer Goals Meme:
1. Clear the clutter – physical, mental, all of it. As much of it as I can find, including the mini-storage.
2. Eat locally – nothing from further than 100 miles away.
3. Write, make prayer beads, work in my yard. Some or all of these each day. Make some progress on the novel, I hope.
4. Learn some new digital tools I can use in school:: VoiceThread, Garage Band and iMovie. FInd the PC equivalents of these for the school computers. Get my PowerBook cleaned up so it’s fast again. (More clearing!)
5. Exercise every day. Swim, gym, bike. Something, every day. (Big goal here? Achieve my 10% weight loss, finally. I’m halfway there, so it is conceivable that I can do this.)
A little more: Ground and run my energy every day. Make a new peace garden, hang the prayer flags, make an altar. Or two.
Y ya estuvo.