Tomorrow begins a three week break from school. I am giddy with anticipation. Since I love making lists, I am making one especially for my break plans. Sort of so I don’t forget, but mostly so I can enjoy thinking about it (not all of it, but most of it) right now. Let’s see…
1. Clean up and declutter. My office and spare room are piled with stuff. Somehow I will get it under control.
2. Doctor stuff. I just (finally) got a new doctor, so have to catch up on some deferred maintenance.
3. One day of NCWP work in Yreka. One long day! But it’ll be fun to be part of it. I just have to figure out how to present something to P.E., Special Ed, Freshman Reqs, etc. The Etc. group – I have to make something useful and interesting to such a diverse group.
4. Write and write. Maybe someplace other than my blogs, but I’m not sure. I’m pretty partial to writing here. And there. And there.
5. Early morning coffee at Peets every day. Well, not Sunday. Every day I want to. I love to get there at 6:00 when it’s still dark and stay until about 7:30. I especially like it when friends come in and we can sit around and talk a little. But I’m good with solitary coffee too. I write then.
6. Re-novate my annual NY Eve state of the person collage. I used to make a collage every year on NY Eve, but have lapsed because lately I’ve been at my mom’s place each year. But this year I can’t afford to go, so I’ll make a collage. Probably with a nine-year-old at my side. Fun. I might make this year’s collage in the form of a beautiful new strand of prayer beads. Two things in one!
7. Remind myself that I like to work out. Often. And do it. Maybe build a little energy running in to this category. Not because it is about the gym or making my body healthier. Because it is about making my spirit healthier, and it’s all part of the same package.
8. Try a break from sugar. See if I can. Today I was thinking that if every time I ate sugar I smoked a cigarette or had a drink of alcohol or a shot of a drug instead, I’d be a rampant addict. It’s not that I’m above or immune to addiction. Mine is just to sugar and thus more socially acceptable. Still, it’s unhealthy and as such worthy of my attention.
9. Read and read. After lazy dunks in the hot tub. Chats with Orion while I sit in hot water. (The constellation, not a new boyfriend. Hm…)
10. Figure out how to teach seventh grade. Plan my new attack.
I figure that ten is enough. If the list gets any longer it’ll become a life list. Twenty-one days off, ten things, some of them compound items. Enough ambition for now. I’m counting the hours…
Wait! I forgot one more thing that I’ll definitely do. Take photos. I do that a lot, and will definitely fit in a safotari (photo safari) or two. There is always PhotoFridays to attend to!
So now, what is on your list?