I am so taken with the idea of a list that is way too long being a menu, I’ve claimed it as my own (even though the orginal idea is not mine. Disclaimer!). We’re about to leave school early, on a District Minimum Day to celebrate the birthday of Cesar Chavez, whose birthday it isn’t. (March 31 is his birthday, in case you’re wondering.) Still, in my mind we have a three day weekend just because we’re getting out one hour early. That’s how desperate I am. So, in order to be ready and not miss a minute of my (not) three day weekend, here’s my menu of things to do:
1. Create “zones” in my yard. This is to simplify the process of shaping it all up for summer. If I try to do it as an overall job, I’ll get overwhelmed maybe, but if I divide it into 10 little zones, I can just address one at a time. Like I”ll do the little garden that’s outside my bedroom door. Plant the annuals that go there along with maybe a new lavendar plant. Then I’ll keep that going all around the yard. I have figured out about 10 zones, so they are small, hence, doable.
2. Go through my clothes and put away or get rid of the Winter ones and get out the Spring ones. So far the Spring ones I’ve tried are a little big or way too big, so I may do some donating.
3. Shopping. I’m not a big shopper, in fact I pretty much hate to shop, but see #2. I’m giving my clothes away, and being a non shopper, you can imagine that my clothes collection is limited. So, if some go out, some are going to have to come in new. I still think I need the bigger size that I’m giving away. I hope I can convince myself otherwise.
4. Go to the chiropractor. My neck has been out for three days and I’m at the end of my rope with it. So this menu item is already scheduled for this afternoon. I can hardly wait.
5. Go to my daughter’s 40th birthday party. Lordy, lordy look who’s forty. All that. She’s getting a taco truck and we’re making decorations so that should be fun. Except she has a lot of friends, and they mostly have kids, so there’ll be at least 25 kids there. I’m kinda glad it’s not at my house!
6. Go see “The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel.” I liked the first one, so I think I’ll like this one. I’ll take snacks. I”ll go alone if no one else is interested. UPDATE: Don’t go see this movie if you haven’t seen the first one. It is such a continuation of that, I wished I’d watched the first one on Netflix or DVD before I went to see this. I liked it okay, but some of it didn’t hang together well enough for me. Just in case you wanted to know what I thought of it.
That’s it. The menu is actually way longer. I’ll leave off the laundry and vacuuming and mopping and dog washing and all those other things I have to do but don’t especially want to. Those are pretty much non-negotiable. Sorry this is such a non-interesting post. It matters to me, and today I’m all about what matters. Even or especially the little stuff. I’ll hope for something of greater interest to others tomorrow. Thanks for bearing with me.